Carefully review the rules and format required reading for competition.
For startups invited to compete:
The competition rules and format document outlines the details for competing at the RBPC. It is a required reading that will outline the following key points:
- Confirmation to Compete: Startups invited to compete have until 11:59 PM CST on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 to confirm their participation. Confirmation will be made on the application (tab Part 1).
- Competitors: The pitching and presenting startup that competes at the RBPC must contain at least two team members and a maximum of four team members; all must be current students, and at least one must be a current graduate-level student.
- Attendance: Your startup team is required to attend the event April 6-9, 2021. At least two team members must be present and accessible (on camera) in every oral presentation, session and round; and that those two members must be current students, and one of them must be a graduate degree-seeking student.
- Presenters: For each pitch (excluding the filmed Elevator Pitch), startups need a minimum of one student pitch (i.e. do the talking), but up to four students can pitch.
- Documents: You must submit required documents to compete by Sunday, March 21, 2021.
Want to prepare for the Rice Business Plan Competition and get everything in order in case you are invited to the big show?
Carefully read through the rules and format document.
Additional documents and deadlines Invited and confirmed startups will have until 5:00 PM CDT on Sunday, March 21, 2021 to submit their business plan or pitch deck/investor deck, 60-second Elevator Pitch video, LivePlan pitch pages and other media materials. The business plans or pitch decks will only be distributed to participating judges. Media materials, including LivePlan pitch pages and Elevator Pitch video, will be used in print, web and other media formats.
Congratulations to the 42 startup teams invited to compete
On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CST the #RBPC21 startup teams will be invited to compete via live video, email and phone. Please make sure to check all other important dates and times.