Review the rules and format: Required reading for competitors
For startups invited to compete:
The competition rules and format document (here) outlines the details for competing at the RBPC. It is a required reading that will outline the following key points:
- Confirmation to Compete: Startups invited to compete have until 5:00 PM CST on Monday, February 26, 2024 to confirm their participation.
- Competitors: The pitching and presenting startup that competes at the RBPC must contain at least two team members and a maximum of four team members; all must be current students, and at least one must be a current graduate-level student.
- Attendance: Your startup team is required to attend the event April 4-6, 2024. At least two team members must be present and accessible in every oral presentation, session and round; and that those two members must be current students, and one of them must be a graduate degree-seeking student.
- Presenters: For each pitch (excluding the Elevator Pitch), startups need a minimum of two students to pitch (i.e. do the talking), but up to four students can pitch.
- Documents: You must submit required documents (business plan, company logo, etc.) to compete by March 18, 2024.
Want to prepare for the Rice Business Plan Competition and get everything in order in case you are invited to the big show? Take a look at the Competition Rules and Format document.