Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2022 Rice Business Plan Competition. Our event is again in-person, so our need for volunteers has increased!
Register to volunteer with your @rice.edu email HERE.
For reference, volunteer positions are below:
- Answer any questions regarding rules from judges or teams
- Moderate questions directed at competitors
- Explain schedule and format before every event
- Open and close all pitch sessions
- Signal competitors to indicate remaining time
- MUST be available for entire time block
- You are the bouncer/room manager/enforcer!
- Managing the entry. Only specific people are allowed in each room and you ensure it stays that way.
- Be familiar with assigned competition teams and schedules
- Assist volunteers who are unable to leave the room
- Distribute and collect scoring sheets from Judges
- Monitor rooms during recesses
Registration & Guides
- Greet guests and direct them to the appropriate rooms
- Answer questions regarding schedule and room locations
- Assist questioning Judges with microphones
- Remind guests of food and drink policy
- Assist photographer in finding startups for their photos
- Assist production crew (tasks TBA)
- Registration set-up
- Registration management
- Banquet volunteer--volunteers needed to perform assigned tasks such as stage manager, prize manager, photographer/photo area assistant, speaker manager, startup team manager, showcase manager, etc.
Volunteers from Rice Business are a key to the success of our event. Utilize this unique opportunity to closely interact with venture capitalists and entrepreneurs, enhance your professional development and represent your university!
For questions about volunteering or to express interest in helping, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org