Are you eligible to apply to the Rice Business Plan Competition? Let's see!
You are initially eligible if your startup:
- is student-driven, student-created and/or student-managed
- has at least two current student founders or management team members, and at least one of those students is a current graduate degree-seeking student
- are from a college or university anywhere in the world
- has not raised more than $250,000 in equity capital prior to July 1, 2021
- has not generated revenue of more than $100,000 in any 12-month period prior to July 1, 2021
- is seeking funding or capital (or will be in the next 12 months)
- is a potentially viable investment opportunity
If you can answer all those questions with "Yes," then your startup appears eligible! Please read the full details on eligibility and what we will be looking for an application—this will help you submit the best application possible!
Applications are open November 1, 2021 through Monday, January 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM CST. Apply here.
2022 Competition Sectors
Apply for #RBPC22 Today
If you've reviewed eligibility and are ready to apply, visit the competition portal!
Important Dates for #RBPC22
|Date||Event or Deadline|
|Monday, November 1, 2021||
8:00 AM CST - Applications for #RBPC22 open online
|Monday, January 31, 2022||
11:59 PM CST - Applications close; deadline to submit applications
|Thursday, February 17||
Noon CST - 42 teams invited to participate via video livestream, social media, emails and phone calls
|Wednesday, February 23||
5:00 PM CST - Invited teams confirm commitment to compete via written confirmation on application and last day to withdraw without penalty