Are you eligible to apply to the Rice Business Plan Competition? Let's see!
We have not yet set the Eligibility for 2023, but it will be similar to 2022.
You are initially eligible for RBPC 2023 if your startup:
- is student-driven, student-created and/or student-managed
- has at least two current student founders or management team members, and at least one of those students is a current graduate degree-seeking student
- are from a college or university anywhere in the world
- has not raised more than $250,000 in equity capital prior to July 1, 2022
- has not generated revenue of more than $100,000 in any 12-month period prior to July 1, 2022
- is seeking funding or capital (or will be in the next 12 months)
- is a potentially viable investment opportunity
If you can answer all those questions with "Yes," then your startup appears eligible! Please read the full details on eligibility and what we will be looking for an application—this will help you submit the best application possible!
Applications will open in January 2023. At that time you can apply here.
2023 Competition Sectors
Apply for #RBPC23 in January
If you've reviewed eligibility and are ready to apply, visit the competition portal!
Important Dates for #RBPC23
|Date||Event or Deadline|
|December 1, 2022||
8:00 AM CST - Applications for #RBPC23 open online
|February 28, 2023||
11:59 PM CST - Applications close; deadline to submit applications
Noon CST - 42 teams invited to participate via video livestream, social media, emails and phone calls
5:00 PM CST - Invited teams confirm commitment to compete via written confirmation on application and last day to withdraw without penalty